The types of personal information we may obtain include:
• Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone or fax number)
• Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the shipper’s and consignee’s name, physical address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) ASL account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content
• Information that enables us to verify your identity
• Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
• Username and password to access ASL products and services online
• Social media handles
• Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number)
• Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or sweepstakes
• Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a ASL product or service.
In addition, when you visit our Web site (www.airandsurface.com), we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain data which logs the content on which a visitor clicks while browsing our website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites.
• Pick up, deliver and track shipments
• Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, customs clearance and brokerage services, and financial services)
• Process and collect payments
• Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
• Establish and manage your ASL account (including your online account on www.airandsurface.com and its various features, such as the address book.
• Offer you products and services we believe may interest you
• Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with ASL through social media
• Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
• Process claims we receive in connection with our services
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
• Perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, trend analysis and financial analysis)
• Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites, identify users of our websites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use the data collected to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our websites, how users navigate through our websites, and how we may tailor our websites to better meet the needs of our users.
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice.
To perform our pick-up and delivery services, we share shipping information with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payors and recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Many of our customers outsource some or all of their logistics functions to us. In doing so, we manage freight forwarding, and international trade and brokerage services for our customers worldwide via air, ocean and ground freight. As part of providing these logistics services, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contacting us at email@example.com.
You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request. Consistent with the choices available in the “Information We Share” section, you may withdraw your consent or object to certain information sharing by contacting us as indicated below. In addition, as required by law, you may object at any time on legitimate grounds and free of charge to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information by contacting us through www.airandsurface.com or (ii) you may have the right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
Our website, www.airandsurface.com, may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with ASL. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with ASL, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will always do our best to protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of a shipment may be visible to others.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at: email@example.com.